Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Father's Day

Allright, I know this is really late but I'm finally getting around to posting what we did to celebrate Father's Day.

I came up with four gifts, three of them cute and handmade and one of them just awesome.

The candy jar is pretty self-explanatory, I bought a jar and filled it with Brad's favourite candy (Peanut M&M's) and then added some black vinyl that I cut with my Silhouette that says, "We're Nuts about Daddy".  He took the jar to work and now he has yummy treats to snack on and offer to clients.


The card is also pretty simple and it's all over Pinterest.  I traced Catie's hand and cut out two copies.  In between them I made an accordion of paper and then using some alphabet stickers I wrote "I Love You" on the hand and on the accordion it says "this much!".  We put it in an envelope and I had Catie colour it.

The third gift is my favourite though.

I found a cute idea with a printable on Pinterest from this site.  She made this into a book that her kids filled in with reasons why Daddy is awesome but Catie is too little for that part.  Instead I turned her printable into a pin.

I folder some paper accordion style and glued it into a circle, added some ribbon and a few other embellishments and then I glued the printable on top.  I added a pin to the back and it was done.

Brad wore his pin to church and then again later to a family gathering.  I loved this one so much that I'm pretty sure we'll be making him a new pin next year.

The fourth gift I didn't take a picture of because it's not crafty, I'll just tell you about it.
Brad goes in to work early and is super considerate and doesn't turn on any lights while getting dressed, he uses his cell phone as a light to find which tie to wear.  I've known for months I was going to get a tap light for the closet and found a far cooler option when I went to the store.  I bought a light that attaches to the wall by a magnet (the track for our closet door happens to be magnetic so the light fits on the wall without any hardware).  The light turns itself on via a sensor and stays on just long enough for him to find a tie and close the doors, it's awesome.

To wrap up our day we celebrated with family and ate cupcakes and tried to extra appreciate Brad all day.

0 comments: