Monday, September 13, 2010

Paint Tip

This summer I've done quite a bit of painting.  There were the Tall Chairs, the Bedside Tables and the Headboard.  This much painting is new for me but I did pick up two handy tips that I thought I'd share.

When you're painting you don't ever want your item to lay flat on a surface, you need it to be raised so your paint doesn't touch.  My Father-in-law has these handy little plastic triangles that you slip under the feet of your project so I decided I should get some too.  I went to Totem, asked about them and they looked at me like I was crazy.  I went home empty handed trying to think of what I had that I could use and I came up with these.


Really cheap plastic clothespins from the dollar store (you can tell from the picture they're well used).  Like I said above, you just slip them under your item to raise it off the ground and paint away.  If you get paint on them who cares?  They're from the dollar store.  I used them almost more than any other item during my projects.

My other tip is what I use for a paint drop cloth.  I went to Value Village and bought a sheet for $2.50.  I tried to buy the ugliest one I could find and I think it's awesome.  It makes me smile every time I pull it out.


 If you look really close you can see my clothespins under the feet of my chair.

0 comments: