Thursday, July 22, 2010

Golden Graham Smores

I don't post recipes very often never mind recipes with step by step instructions but that's what you're getting today.

A conversation about Rice Krispy Treats brought back memories of the yummy Golden Graham version so when I needed a treat for a gathering on Monday night I took the opportunity to make some.


Golden Graham Smores
3/4 cup corn syrup
3 tbsp butter
1 pkg chocolate chips
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1 tsp vanilla
1 pkg (12 oz) Golden Graham cereal


1. Grease 9x13 pan

2. Heat syrup, butter and chocolate chips to boiling, stirring constantly.



Confession, I'm pretty sure I didn't heat to boiling.  I melted it all together called it good.



3. Add marshmallows and stir until mostly melted.  Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.



I thought it would be nice to have some marshmallow pieces so I stirred until it looked like this and then dumped in my cereal.  I'm not sure you actually notice any pieces in the final product but it didn't hurt.




Second confession.  As I was pressing them into the pan I looked up and noticed my bottle of vanilla sitting on the counter, that's right, I forgot to add it.  Oops.

4. Add cereal, stir to coat and using a greased spoon press into pan.  Let cool.



Not the prettiest dessert but so yummy!  Even better than I remembered and they were a big hit.  Be prepared, they are real sweet.

0 comments: