Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Tickle Bread?

How was your long weekend? Ours was great. Brad and I wanted nothing more than to totally relax and lounge and sleep in late and not have a single real thing to do. We decided the best place to execute this plan was down at my parents house, so after work on Friday we headed to Magrath. Our plan worked perfectly, we slept in late everyday (despite the double bed). We ate eggs benedict for breakfast, my favorite, and watched movies. We ate yummy food including homemade multi-grain bread and chocolate cupcakes with raspberry icing. We even waded in the pool my parents have in the backyard. It’s one of those one for kids but it’s a pretty good size, Brad and I were about waist deep.

Probably the highlight of the weekend was my nephew Riley. It’s interesting to watch how quickly kids change. Only a couple months ago when Brad and I went down we were nothing but annoyed with this little guy. Every morning we’d wake to his screams and he would throw tantrums and cry and was just plain annoying... not the case anymore. He’s turned into this adorable, fun boy that says the funniest things.

He loves to swim in the pool so when the adults are talking it must be referred to as the p-o-o-l so as not to get him excited. He likes it when you read stories to him, he wears cute Superman and Bob the Builder underwear and loves all Thomas toys. I’m not sure it gets any cuter though than when he’s talking to Brad... or as he pronounced it “Bread”. We taught him to tickle this weekend so he’s say, “tickle Bread?”. At first when he’d ask where Bread was we were confused... well I guess there’s bread on the counter, it took us some time to realize that Brad = Bread.

Anyway, here’s to a great weekend spent with Bread and my family, we’ll do it again for sure.
L

0 comments: