Friday, June 1, 2007

Words Can't Express...

So it’s official, I’ve moved.

I now live in this great little apartment almost overlooking downtown. There are tons of trees in the area and beautiful big houses, a park just up the street and Eau Clair Market just down the hill. My favorite breakfast place, Diner Deluxe, is a couple blocks up and I can walk to work. Love it.

Getting to this point was neither easy nor fun.

Wednesday was designated as moving day so I took the day off work and Brad arranged to have his Dad’s trailblazer and a flatbed trailer (with sides) to help. Tuesday night we packed up the kitchen, I’d already packed up the living room. With some help from our friends we packed the trailblazer full of boxes. Wednesday morning I did some more packing and Brad and I loaded up the flatbed. We then headed to the new place. Brad had a dentist appointment we didn’t want to reschedule so he was subbed out by Barb (his Mom). Her and I unloaded the rest of the Trailer and the Trailblazer. We even had time to unpack most of the kitchen by the time Brad came back. We took a break for lunch and then Brad and I went back to the old house to resume packing.

We had some really fantastic helpers that came by later to load and unload the furniture. Here’s my question of the day... how do you properly thank someone so they know just how much their help meant? Remember, this apartment is on the 4th floor and there’s no elevator, Brad, Barb and I had already made a ton of trips up those stairs so the fresh legs were more helpful than they can imagine. Byron, Brent, Al, Amber, Jared, thank you so much! I was almost ready to give up and just wait for Brad to come back from the dentist cause it was too overwhelming when Barb showed up. I don’t think she could have been a more welcome sight. She really came through and gave me the energy to keep doing those stairs, best Mother-in-law I’ve ever had :)

So to those who helped, a Thank you doesn’t cut it, your help made all the difference. Thank you for not making me lift the couch, chair, bed or entertainment unit. When the place is ready we’ll have you over for dinner (in small groups) in an attempt to repay you. Let me know when you move, Brad and I are there.
L

3 comments:

Julie Lewis said...

Memories! I parked next to the flatbed for a year. I'm assuming it's the one that's usually parked at Jared and Jenny's.

Brad said...

Actually, the one that is usually parked at Jared and Jenny's belongs to Jenny's side. This trailer belongs to my (and Jared's) Dad and our grandfather. However, they are very similar, so you get the idea of what the trailer looked like...

Julie Lewis said...

Fair enough. I was actually really missing the basement suite in this heat today.